Aspect Wireless Data Centre Weather Station
The system consists of a data-gathering station that is mounted on the outside of your home and transmits the collected data wirelessly to a pad inside the house that has all the readings and results. It displays all the readings and results including wind direction, speed, rainfall, humidity, moon phases, barometric pressure forecast with trends and indoor / outdoor temperatures with an adjustable alarm function that alerts you when temperatures get too hot or too cold for your comfort.
|Aspect Weather Station: Wireless|
My Weather Station is not collecting data from my Rain Gauge.
- The Weather Station records the data from the Rain Gauge for 24 hours each day before resetting the daily total at 9am.
My Weather Station has dropped out and is not receiving or from the outside unit.
- Please try and do a complete reset by taking out the batteries from both units and then leaving them out for about five minutes.
- Replace batteries and start from beginning again. It is a good idea to replace batteries at the same time.
- Ensure you are using good quality Alkaline or Lithium batteries, not rechargeable, the only model that will use rechargeable batteries is WS1000 and WS3085.
- If this does not work and it drops out again, it could be interference, not between the two units but in the airwaves.
- All remote control devices work on 433mhz sending out a pulse, sometimes there may be something in the area that is on the same pulse rate and causes interference which will cause it to drop out.
- It is not common for this to happen but if it does you will need to return unit if still under warranty and replace for another unit, if it is not under warranty we have the sensor unit available for sale.
How do I reset my Weather Station
- Please refer to the instruction manual.
Barometric pressure is reading lower than it should.
- This will be because you are in an area that is above sea level, for every 1000ft above sea level you lose 20 bar. The barometer reads the local air pressure. If you read your barometer at your house on a mountain top and then carry the barometer down to the bottom of the mountain it will read a higher pressure. But, since the barometer is for predicting weather you are mostly interested in whether the reading is higher or lower than it was yesterday and it doesn’t matter that the pressure you are seeing isn’t the actual ‘sea level air pressure’.
Can I use Lithium Batteries?
- Yes you can. We suggest using good quality Alkaline or Lithium batteries, not rechargeable, the only model that can use rechargeable batteries is WS1000 and WS3085.
My wind speed anemometer is not spinning.
- It could be the bearing has an obstruction, pull top off and spray bearing with lubricant. If this does work, it could be seized and needs to be replaced.
One my wind cups are broken can I buy a replacement anemometer?
- Yes, please contact our Customer Service on 1300 716 188.
Can I buy spare parts?
- Yes, we have a range of spare parts for all our Weather Stations. Please call our Customer Service on 1300 716 188 for pricing and availability.
* To order spare parts please go to Spare Parts
We have been looking at Le Crosse weather stations bit decided this was better value for the money.Have had it for 2 wks and the only problem is reading the screen!It is very dark and we you push the button for the light it comes up in the energy saving blue which is also hard to read,other than that it is ok so far
Easy to set up and data supplied seems accurate. Good Value for money.
My outside temperature is always about 10% higher than the local BOM station (Sunshine Coast airport) which is about 3km away. I know that there is a variation of temperature in the same local but 10% over 3km is a bit more than I would believe
Had mine for 2 years. Works flawlessly. I had a couple of set up issues, rang Holman and they talked me through them. I’m very 😃
I was looking for a basic unit and this fitted the bill, decided I didn't need to connect to the internet, just wanted basic weather info displayed in the house. Haven't had a rainfall event since installing, but all other displayed is pretty accurate to Bureau Weather Station in next suburb, so too date I'm happy.
As a follow up to my previous review, I have been trending the difference between the weather station and my cylinder gauge. Chart is attached. There is a possibility of finding a line of best fit, but there are occasional big deviations, so is it worth the trouble?
I agree with Brad. It looks good, but the rainfall readings in particular are not very accurate. I have continued to use my cylinder gauge as a comparison, and find the Aspect is pretty much always low by about 10 - 20%. Unfortunately, unlike Brad, I have already spilled the beans to my wife about her Christmas present. oops!
As a life-long surfer, I have always been interested in the weather. Although this a basic unit, it does the job pretty well. My main interests are the wind direction and speed, and the rest is a bonus. This gives me the weather in my back yard, not from a weather station 10 kilometers away. And all this information is clearly displayed on a nice readout in my kitchen. Yeah it’s a basic unit, but hey, it does what I need. I can definitely recommend this unit.
Easy to put together and get the station communicating with the display unit.
No problems so far after 2 weeks of use.
IIt does what it says it will do although a couple of improvements would really raise the bar.
If it could connect to an app it would be awesome.
If it retained the historical rainfall data for a week perhaps or if you could download it..even an SD car in the display unit. When it rains all day then shows 0 rainfall next morning you can't tell what the previous days total was...if you can, please let me know how.
Overall a nice unit and fun to use. You have twerk the settings to condition for a couple of days, but after that it has been great.
Temperature never right for indoor reading
Rain gauge is great
Picture in top left corner of sun /clouds/ rain predictions always wrong
This is the first weather station I've ever used next one i will pay more for better quality and solar powered
Hi Paul, thank you for leaving a review. It certainly sounds like you have a faulty unit. Please get in touch with our support team email@example.com and they can assist you with further troubleshooting.
Aspect Wireless Data Centre
The system consists of a data gathering station which is mounted on the outside of your home and transmits the collected data wirelessly to a pad inside the house that has all the readings and results.
Wireless RF transmission to display panel
Battery Powered Outdoor Sensor
Indoor Sensor and Data Display Included
9 unique weather data points including:
- Indoor & Outdoor Temperature
- Air Pressure
- Indoor & Outdoor Humidity
- Wind Speed
- Wind Direction
- Moon Phase
- Time & Date
- Indoor & outdoor units:
- Indoor base unit:
Large, easy to read LCD
Moon phases, weather forecasting + MORE!
- Use batteries:
4 x AA Batteries (not included)
- Simple assembly:
Quick set up time
- Weather Vane:
Wind speed, direction, rainfall & temperature
Instruments fit on a single pole
- Packaging: Full colour retail carton