With summer approaching it is time to get your outdoor entertainment area ready. Our GreenWall range will bring an eye-catching design to your entertainment area along with the option of having an edible GreenWall right next to your BBQ. You can have fresh rosemary on your lamb chops or marjoram and oregano on your chicken. The possibilities are endless to spice up your next BBQ with a Holman GreenWall.
Our Holman GreenWall range is the new way to garden. Apartment balconies do not have sufficient space for a large garden and block sizes are getting smaller. Our solution to still incorporating a lush contemporary garden into your home is to grow on the wall!
With the Holman GreenWall range you no longer have to dig holes in the ground or lay brickwork around your garden bed. Our GreenWalls deliver all the benefits of normal gardening along with grand design freedom. The GreenWall range is also modular so you can expand horizontally or vertically to create your customised design.
Our GreenWall range offers different shapes, sizes and different pot configurations allowing you to grow herbs, vegetables or flowers. All of our GreenWall products are DIY friendly and can be completed within an hour depending on your design ideas. It is now easy to have a vibrant GreenWall in your home.
Discover the endless possibilities of Vertical Gardening with Holman GreenWall products that can be used to build an edible green wall, a feature wall using exotic native plants or both!
WHERE TO BUILD
Our Vertical Garden range can accommodate a vast variety of locations from alfresco areas to north facing walls. The choice is yours, you just need to make sure you have the right amount of sun, which is dependent on the plant selection you make.
HOW TO DESIGN A HOLMAN 3 MODULE GREENWALL VERTICAL GARDEN
We are using Holman GreenWall Vertical Planting Kit GW1001.
- Hold the module up to the wall and use a level to ensure it is straight. This is critical if you plan to add additional modules.
- There are two circles with ‘flowers’ around them, place a marker in the hole and mark the wall. This is your guide of where to screw on the bracket.
- Drill a hole where you marked and place a wall plug into the hole, then screw the metal bracket in place.
- Hang your first module on the wall. With the included coupling connect your second module and repeat steps 1, 2 & 3.
- To save time plan your GreenWall design before planting.
- Remove your pots from the module and fill with plants and soil.
- Secure your planted pots to the module.
- Ensure that the adjustable drippers are placed into the soil in each pot.
- For accurate and even watering attach your hose or poly pipe to one of the modules and use a Holman Misting Tap timer.
HORIZONTAL GREENWALL ON YOUR GARDEN FENCE
Think outside the square with our GreenWall Vertical Planting kit and create a vibrant horizontal feature wall. A horizontal feature wall on your garden fence is a perfect method if you are renting as the installation requires no drills or tools. Hang the modules on your fence using shed hooks. This will create an artistic GreenWall design and transforms your GreenWall into a mobile garden.
Before hanging the modules on shed hooks ensure that your fence is strong enough to hold the GreenWall and confirm with your neighbours as the top of the shed hooks may hang on their side of the fence.
As the plants are not in the ground the pots require a really good potting mix to hold water and receive the right nutrients. We do not suggest using ground soil as it will harden and block the GreenWall drainage. We recommend using a vertical garden planting mix combined with a coir potting mix (50/50). This will ensure your plants receive all the essential nutrients and don’t dry out.
We recommend choosing plants based on your environment and where your GreenWall will be located. Certain plants require a selective amount of direct sunlight and shade. Ensure your plant selection is suitable for the location of your GreenWall.
Our wall receives 6-8 hours of sun a day so we chose to plant a salad garden. We planted basil, lettuce, tomatoes, parsley, kale, mint, marjoram and rosemary. Our Vertical Garden was placed on a wall outside near the BBQ. For this reason, we chose to plant an entire edible GreenWall.
- Tomatoes (Tiny Tom)
One of the best things about the Vertical Planting kit is its inbuilt watering system. You only have to connect the garden hose or poly pipe at one point of the module. Every pot will be evenly watered due to the clever adjustable drippers. As the pots in the Vertical Planting Kit are compact the suggested watering schedule is frequent but in small amounts. We recommend 2 – 3 times per day for 30 seconds to 1 minute, although this will vary depending on your plant selection, temperature and direct sunlight. To work out what is the best time to water watch how long it takes for the pot to overflow. Then reduce this time by a few seconds.
We recommend using a Holman Misting Tap timer which allows a second and minute schedule. This will ensure accurate watering.
- Less pests
- Reduced body strain – no bending or digging
- Modular system – extend horizontally or vertically
- Removable pots – easy maintenance and replanting
- Inbuilt irrigation system
- Easy to install
- A Holman GreenWall
- Vertical Garden Planting mix
- Plants of your choice
- Holman Digital Tap Timer (optional) for second and minute scheduling
- Holman OzHose (optional)
- Water level
CHICKEN SUMMER SALAD WITH FRESH INGREDIENTS GROWN FROM A HOLMAN GREENWALL
- 2 chicken breasts with skin off
- 1tsp. of paprika
- 2tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1tsp. lemon juice
- 1tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cooked long grain white rice
- 1 Lebanese cucumber – sliced
- 1 capsicum – sliced
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- ½ handful of coriander leaves
- ½ handful of mint leaves
- ½ handful of spinach leaves
- ½ handful of rocket
- ½ handful of mescalin lettuce
- Butterfly cut your 2 chicken breasts
- Mix together your marinade ingredients
- Marinade the chicken and set in the fridge for 1 hour
- Set your BBQ grill to a medium heat and cook
- Set aside the chicken to rest for 10 minutes
- Slice into desired pieces
- Mix all the yoghurt ingredients into a bowl
- Place all the salad ingredients into a bowl and stir through the chicken and dressing.