As we enter the season of balmy nights and BBQs, illuminating outdoor entertaining spaces makes for the perfect spring project.
Well placed spotlights draw attention to feature plants while strategically placed path lights make gardens feel expansive, adding mood and character to a home BBQ or party. Our Bluetooth® controlled Garden Lighting range is a great option for DIY enthusiasts looking to increase the visibility of their gardens and security of their homes.
Always map out a plan for your garden before you start ensuring that key features are highlighted, and important pathways are well lit. Design considerations should always include:
- Pointing spotlights away from people’s eyes so they reflect off a wall or a tree and bring features to life.
- Placing cables where they are not a tripping hazard, we recommend hiding these under mulch in the garden beds.
- Making use of highly reflective surfaces like painted walls so the maximum amount of light is disbursed.
- Utilise path lights along walkways to create a statement entrance or illuminate the statement features of your home. If you prefer something less obtrusive, opt for deck lights for patios or stair cases.
- Position your lights to deliver soft lighting across the area families and guests gather, such as the BBQ or dining area.
We have a wide range of Warm White and RGB colour lighting options, these include:
Warm White lights are the best option for visibility, while the RGB Colour range is perfect for adding character. Our coloured lights have a red, green and blue LED so they can make any colour on the spectrum. The Holman iGardener™ app has a great selection of pre-programmed special effects to make the lights change over time. For more information, refer to our manuals for Android and iOS.
Our garden lights are Australian designed and engineered utilising 12V LED and an IP67 water and dust protection rating for DIY safety. Our patented 2‑Pin and 4‑Pin Plug + Socket systems ensure connections are easy and expandable. This means you can connect Path Lights, Deck Lights and Spotlights within one system that plugs into a controller. We recommend limiting your lighting controller to 60W to ensure all lights are functioning at their best.
Important: be sure to add the end plug to seal off the last link in your chain of lighting.
Holman Outdoor Lighting Innovation
Our IP67 water and dust protection rating means the system can be installed outdoors and withstand diverse weather conditions. The iGardener™ app enables you to complete all the programming from your smartphone, such as setting a timer, saving favourite colours and creating personalised lighting scenes. New features are added to the app on an ongoing basis.
Garden Lighting Starter Kits
The starter kits include one Warm White Garden Light Controller and 4× 7W Spotlights suitable for the average suburban backyard. Coming in at under $200, the backyard starter kits are an incredibly cost-effective solution to your outdoor lighting needs. Available to purchase at Bunnings Warehouse, we recommend calling ahead to ensure they’re in stock.