The new iWeather™ Wireless Rain Gauge is just part of the Holman range of products to measure environmental data. This unit measures rainfall and displays it on an easy to read LCD screen. The rain gauge has various mounting options, rain gutter, wall or pole mount. The “self emptying nature” of the rain gauge means it can be mounted out of reach and doesn’t need to be handled to empty any stored water. The display also shows a clock all the time & date calendar can be accessed by a push of a button. You can also swap between Celsius or Fahrenheiht to suit your preference. This modern unit is most suited to sit on a desk, table or window sill, as it has a simple pull out stand to hold the unit up. It’s wireless connection to the rain gauge allows it to be placed anywhere indoors!
- 5 Fully Integrated Digital Functions
- 100 Metre Transmission Range for Rain Gauge
- LCD Screen Displays Concise Weather Data
- INDOOR TEMPERATURE: displays indoor temperature
- DAY: displays date/calendar
- RAINFALL HISTORY: displays rainfall history in 1 hour, 24 hour, week and total
- ºC/ºF: Selectable to degrees Celcius or degrees Fahrenheit
- TIME: displays time
- The gauge needs to be mounted on a support or pole that doesn’t move or wobble.
Flimsy poles, especially long ones, can move around in the wind. In certain circumstances, the wobbling motion can cause the bucket to tip, thereby falsely reporting rain.
- The Rain gauge has a shallow funnel. Rain droplets, particularly large ones, are prone to splattering off the edge after hitting the funnel. In very heavy rain, the gauge may under report the amount of rain.
- Ensure the collecting cup is free of debris, this can block the hole, if this happens water cannot drain into measuring cup.
- It is 0.3mm per tip for WS3081,WS1000 and WS109A.
- It is 0.8mm per tip for WS5029.
- Check that the batteries are not flat and change if necessary.
- Unplug from sensor and leave a few minutes, check that the terminals are clean and not rusty, then plug in again and reset.