The BTX1 Smart Valve Bluetooth® Tap Timer is a single outlet tap timer which is fully programmed via the free iGardener™ app on a smartphone.
The BTX1 can have up to three start times set per day and the user has the ability to connect up to 8 BTX1 tap timers to the iGardener™ app on a single smartphone and program them to water sequentially.
There are five scheduling options available for the BTX1:
- 7 Day – allows manual settings for each individual day
- Interval Days – watering will occur every few days, as set by the user. Ideal for homes with automated watering restrictions.
- Odd Days – watering will occur on the odd days of the month, with the option to skip the 31st of the month. Ideal for homes with automated watering restrictions.
- Even Day – watering will occur on the even days of the month. Ideal for homes with automated watering restrictions.
- Cycle – watering schedule will observe an allocated delay time and water for the allocated run time on selected days. Ideal for misting systems, GreenWalls and greenhouses.
A manual watering option is also available when using the BTX1.
Please be sure to install iGardener™ on your device, and not iWater or any other HOLMAN smartphone apps.
Note that iGardener™ supports iPhone 5s, Samsung Galaxy G5 and other later model devices.
For iPads, be sure to use the iPhone app only filter when searching for iGardener™.
Please ensure all the latest versions of all software and operating systems are installed if experiencing any performance issues.
For Android users, Location Services need to be allowed for the iGardener™ app to operate correctly.
The BTX1 Bluetooth® Tap Timer can connect to only one device at a time.
A hard reset of the BTX1 Bluetooth® Tap Timer can be performed using the following method:
- Open the battery compartment on the front of the unit.
- Remove the battery from the unit without disconnecting it.
- Locate the reset button inside the battery compartment.
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 12 seconds
- The unit should now have been reset, and the battery can be returned to the unit.
Alternately, you can hard reset and unpair by removing the 9V battery.
Like the other tap timers in our range, BTX1 Bluetooth® Tap Timer operates with a solenoid valve. We highly recommend installing a pressure reducer on the tap, above the BTX1 Bluetooth® Tap Timer when using with micro-drip irrigation systems.
Spare parts are currently unavailable for the BTX1 Bluetooth® Tap Timer
iGardener™ is telling me that the system is watering but there is no water passing through the system. Is it possible to fix this?
There may be an airlock in the system. Disconnect the timer and reset it. Flush your irrigation system before attaching to the timer again. If the system still doesn’t run correctly, please contact customer service for further assistance.
This may be a pressure issue, introduce a pressure reducer, at the tap, before the timer. If the system still wont shut off after the timer has lapsed, please contact customer service for further assistance.
The BTX1 Bluetooth® Tap Timer runs on a solenoid valve. The valve will be unable to open on gravity‑fed or low‑pressure applications. In addition, the valve will not operate correctly under extreme pressure. The optimum range is household‑tap pressure range of 250‑600kPa.
Using the BTX1 Bluetooth® Tap Timer over the winter period is not recommended. In addition, temperatures below 3°C can damage the unit. Your BTX1 Bluetooth® Tap Timer should be removed over the winter period.
Limited Edition: BTX1 Smart Valve Twin Pack
- Product Code: BTX1TP
- Connection: 20/25mm BSP Tap Fitting
- Power source: 1× 9V Alkaline Battery for each unit (not included)
- Packaging measurements: 120 × 168 × 200mm
- Net weight: 0.7kg
- Gross weight: 0.7kg
- Barcode: 9319841506055
For a limited time only, the BTX1 is available in a handy twin value pack at Bunnings Warehouse
Available at Bunnings for a limited time only!