WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED:
Our RGB Colour Wi-Fi Garden Light Controller allows anyone with a smartphone and Wi-Fi access to control their smart outdoor lights from anywhere on the globe. Connect your 4-Pin Plug + Socket system to the Wi-Fi Garden Light Controller to create a stunning lighting display or select from existing scenes to bring your garden to life!
Seamlessly integrate the new controller with your current garden lighting set-up by unplugging your old system, and plugging into to the new one. This controller allows for up to 60W of Garden Lights.
* Because our lights join together through our Plug + Socket system, all of your garden lights will use the same colour and scenes that you select.
SETTING UP SMART AUTOMATIONS
What are Automation smart scenes?
- These are scenes that have a trigger – they will only run when a condition or a set of conditions are met
- These conditions fall under 4 categories. When the weather changes, when location changes, schedule, and when the device status changes
- Once the condition is set, you can choose from 4 tasks to be executed
- These scenes can be run using Google/Alexa voice control only. They do not work with Siri voice control
What are Tap-to-Run Scenes?
- These are scenes that you can run manually – tap the name to perform the set task
- For easy access, once created the Tap-to-Run scenes show on your Home screen by default in a scrollable list (left to right) above your list of devices
- The major reason for setting up Tap-to-Run scenes is to use them with Google/Alexa/Siri
- They are also great for pairing multiple devices to run at the same time
SET YOUR SMART OUTDOOR LIGHTS TO TURN ON WHEN YOU ARRIVE HOME
Start by heading to the SMART Tab that is located along the bottom of the HOME screen. Click on the PLUS + button in the top right had corner to create a new scene. This will open the CREATE SMART window where you will be able to choose from a range of conditions. Select WHEN LOCATION CHANGES, this will take you to multiple options that you can select from. To turn your lights on when you get home, click ARRIVE. Next you will be asked to allow location services if you haven’t activated this option already. Select your current city, or desired location and confirm address.
Now that you have set the CONDITION, you can set the TASK you wish to achieve. Select RUN THE DEVICE, and choose your Lighting Controller. Now you can choose to tell your controller to turn your lights on. Select SWITCH, ON and then SAVE. You can also select if you wish your lights to turn on with your last used COLOUR, or last used SCENE. All that’s left is to save this automation.
You have now successfully set up an automation to get your Garden Lights to turn on when you arrive home!
TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON AND OFF WITH VOICE CONTROL
Start by heading to the SMART Tab at the bottom of the HOME screen. Click on the PLUS + button in the top right corner to create a new scene. This will open the CREATE SMART window where you will be able to choose from a range of conditions. For setting up a voice activated task, we will be choosing the LAUNCH TAP-TO-RUN button. Next select the RUN THE DEVICE button, this will allow you to choose from the devices you have connected to Holman Home. Select your Lighting Controller.
We want this automation to turn our lights on, press SWITCH and select ON then SAVE. Next you will see the Tap-to-Run scene condition and settings. Click SAVE. You will then be asked if you would like to add this Tap-to-Run scene to Siri. In the ‘When I say:’ box, type in what you would like your voice command to be.
i.e. “Turn on my Garden Lights” or “Backyard Lights On”.
Click ADD TO SIRI. This command can be removed and adjusted at anytime. This Tap-to-Run scene will now appear on your app Home Screen and in the SMART Tab. This scene call also be activated by clicking on the saved scene.
Simply follow the same steps to create a TAP-TO-RUN scene to turn your lights off. When you get to SWITCH, select OFF. You will also be asked if you would like to add this TAP-TO-RUN scene to Siri. In the ‘When I say:’ box, type in what you would like your voice command to be.
i.e. “Turn off my Garden Lights” or “Backyard Lights Off”.
You are now able to tell Siri to turn your lights ON or OFF whenever you need.
*Garden Light Controller is not compatible with Apple Home Kit. Steps may vary when connecting your device to Google Home or Alexa.